Background

Find Me Here:

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Booking Through Thursday (1)


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly book meme about (mostly) books and reading, hosted by Booking Through Thursday.



I once knew a man who read about WWII. He read everything he could get his hands on on the subject. He had a whole wall of books that were all about WWII. It amazed me. How could he continue to find one subject that engrossing? My mother, on the other hand, loves to read best sellers. I’ve known other people who read science fiction to the exclusion of everything else; for others it was philosophy, self-help, or history.
So, to the questions…

1. What kind of books do you like to read?
I like all kinds of books but I mostly read Young Adult.


2. Why? Provide specific examples.
I find it hard to read the same kind of books over and over again. Most adult literature will not mix genres and so the books can be a little formulaic for me. However, at the same time some young adult genres can be very similar. For example: I was very obsessed with paranormal books for a while but grew bored of them quickly because of how similar they all were. Girl finds she can do something special, girl meets boy, girl and boy don't immediately get along, girl ends up liking boy, boy ends up liking girl, something tries to keep girl and boy apart, then girl does something unnatural to be able to be with boy. The End. As you can see I can get maudlin  easily. Yet when I switch up the genres and read all kinds of books I don't have that many reading slumps

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free blog but feel free to comment me.

Warning: If you comment me I will respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...