Background

Find Me Here:

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Living Dead Girl: a novel by Elizabeth Scott





Published September 2nd 2008 by Simon Pulse
ISBN 9781416960591
Series? No
Rating: PG-13
BUY / Nook / Kindle



Once upon a time, I was a little girl who disappeared.
Once upon a time, my name was not Alice.
Once upon a time, I didn’t know how lucky I was.

When Alice was ten, Ray took her away from her family, her friends her life. She learned to give up all power, to endure all pain. She waited for the nightmare to be over.
Now Alice is fifteen and Ray still has her, but he speaks more and more of her death. He does not know it is what she longs for. She does not know he has something more terrifying than death in mind for her.

This is Alice’s story. It is one you have never heard, and one you will never, ever forget.








Cover. The cover is interesting. You have the little girl clothes and then you have the jeans in the lower corner. It looks like it is attached to a person but I can't quite tell. Overall while the cover is striking it is not what attracted me to this book. When I first read the title of the book the first word that came to mind was: zombies. There are no zombies in this book but if there had been the book might have been a little less sad and depressing.


Plot. The reason is because this book is about a fifteen-year-old girl who had been abducted when she was ten. She was taken while on a field trip by a pedophile. Alice wants to die but Ray won't let that happen until she finds someone to replace her. While the plot is simple it is the lack of emotions on Alice's part that make this story so incredible emotional.


Characters. I could not really connect with any of the characters. The reason that I was unable to do so is because we meet Alice after she has been with Ray for five years. By now she just goes with everything that is done to her. She does not really react to any of it and while I feel sorry for her I just can't go the last few feet to really understand her. I did not have a favorite character but I doubt anyone reading this would be able to really get one. My favorite part of the book was at the end when we finally learn Alice's real name. That is the part that made me cry as well as the last sentence.


Recommend? Yes. Even though this is technically a young adult book the graphic nature makes me hesitant to recommend it to all teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free blog but feel free to comment me.

Warning: If you comment me I will respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...