Background

Find Me Here:

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon





Published January 31, 2002 by St. Martin's Press
ISBN 9780312979973
337 pages
Series? Yes
Rating: R
BUY / Nook



Dear Reader,

Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day.

As a love-slave, I know everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all, how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She alone bothered to take me out of the bedroom and onto the world. She taught me to love again.

But I was not born to love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace--the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two-thousand-year-old curse?

Julian of Macedon
Sherrilyn Kenyon is a guilty secret of mine that does not seem like much of a secret anymore. I think that I can safely that the cat is out of the bag and in the canary cage. It is not however eating the cream.

While I try to think if those saying even work with what I was trying to say why don't you read my review.

I would be the first person to tell you that the Dark Hunter series all have a very set formula to them. They show all lot of the same things in slightly different ways. For an example there is always a female lead that has some kind of mental/physical problem that the male lead is trying to look for in his prospective partner. In this particular book we have Grace who is a sex therapist who has a phobia of being used for sex because of a past experience and Julian who was cursed into a scroll that is now a book where he has to please the person who says his name three times for a whole month. They meet, bad things happen, and throughout the book they not only overcome them but they fall madly in love. If that was the only thing that this series had going for it I don't think that it would have been much of a pleasure for me.

What I absolutely can not abandon is the mythology behind the books. They have Greek gods, Roman gods, and later even Atlantean  gods. Then there is the Dark Hunter and the Were Hunters. I love how intricate the books are and the way that they have so much going for them besides just being really funny and almost illegally cheesy.

That is a warning for all of you who can't stand cheesy scenes where characters dialogue may just kill you because of the complete weirdness of it all. There is an actual scene in the book where Grace has an cartoon/manga moment in which she talks to herself aloud with no one in the room with her on how Julian had better watch out for her. She didn't think it but she full on says it while she is outside with the evil smirk included. So I have to say that chances are if you want to learn something philosophical or meaningful in every book that read read this is not the one for you. Neither are any of the books in this series. However, if you don't mind some really interesting mythology, some steamy scenes, and ignoring some really ridiculous dialogue I think that you will have a high chance of liking this book or any one of the books in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free blog but feel free to comment me.

Warning: If you comment me I will respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...