Background

Find Me Here:

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Published September 15, 2009
ISBN 9780312593551
309 pages
Series? Yes
Rating: R
BUY / Nook



The Dark-Hunters are ancient warriors who have sworn to protect mankind and the fate of the world is in their hands. . .

He is solitude. He is darkness. He is the ruler of the night. Yet Kyrian of Thrace has just woken up handcuffed to his worst nightmare: An accountant. Worse, she's being hunted by one of the most lethal vampires out there. And if Amanda Devereaux goes down, then he does too. But it's not just their lives that are hanging in the balance. Kyrian and Amanda are all that stands between humanity and oblivion. Let's hope they win.




Very much like what I did this Thanksgiving I will admit to doing with Sherrilyn Kenyon's books. I overindulged. I just read too many of them at the same time and now the consequences are that this book was only okay to me. Not the books fault that I really need to learn to expand my horizons. I just don't always like to start new series. It is a shame because I have the first two books of Incarceron on my dresser just waiting for me to read. I have been dying to read them since I saw them at Barnes and Noble last month. Really excited about it too. If only I had not checked out so many books that now I actually have to read them in the order that they are due in. Curse the awesome covers that just won't let me walk by them.

So maybe this won't be the most unbiased review that you will ever read but it there really such a thing as an unbiased review on this site. I am not one-hundred percent on where the cover for the book came from but because of the fact that I skimmed a lot of the book I really don't think that I should be allowed to pass judgement on that front.

You might notice that I don't have the pink boxes up there but I am just sick of them. They never came out like they did in the editing area and after a while I just gave up trying to fix it until I recently realized that I did not have to keep them. Talk about a light bulb moment.

Anyway while I did feel a bit apathetic with this book I did find parts that I found interesting. My favorite was when Kyrian and Julian had their reunion. Very exciting and while I saw it happening from the very beginning I still thought it was awesome. Another thing that I really liked was when Amanda thought about all of the blind dates her sisters put her through. They were down right hilarious. And Acheron's first appearance is in this book. He is very different than in the latter books which really surprised me but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free blog but feel free to comment me.

Warning: If you comment me I will respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...