Background

Find Me Here:

Monday, May 7, 2012

11:15 The Making of a Halfling by Heather Burch


Published December 2011 by Zondervan
Format: ebook
ISBN 9780310723462
20 Pages
Series? Halflings | #0.5
Warnings: None
Challenges: 2012


GoodReads



Mace and Raven are given a mission to stop a catastrophic event. With his halfling abilities still untapped, Vine is allowed to join the mission, but only as a spectator. The clock is ticking and the tragedy is proving difficult to stop. Will Vine be able to sit back and watch, or will the power of heaven unleash just in time?



The story sucked my in. The story starts out with action and high emotions. There are two guys fighting on a mat. One is named Raven and the other is called Vine. There are two watching named Mason and Will. Vine, Mason, and Raven are all half angels and Will is an angel. From what I got from the story is that they help protect humans from the supernatural.

I grew to care for the characters. The three half angels are not one hundred percent always great people. Raven is cocky and sometimes annoying but there are times that his genuine feelings of actually caring for the other two boys shows through.

It had me on the edge of my seat. There is a point in the story where time is of the essence and even though I know intellectually that nothing too bad will happen, it is a prequel after all, but the story is told in such a way that in the back of my mind I am thinking about every thing that could go wrong.

I am really excited about the actual book. This book manages to integrate the next book in a way that you don't even see it coming until it jumps out at you. It introduces Nikki in an interesting way and I am glad that she was brought in the prequel so that I could get a bit of a feel for her before the first book. Yet at the same time the prequel of Halflings has nothing to do with Nikki.

Conclusion. This book is an awesome prequel for the book Halfling and despite the fact that the publisher, Zondervan, is a religious publisher the book does not try to convert you or put anymore religion than what you would expect from a book with half-angels it it. Read it before you read Halflings. (This is not really required. I just don't like reading books out of order.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free blog but feel free to comment me.

Warning: If you comment me I will respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...