Background

Find Me Here:

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon





Published August 3, 2004 by St. Martin
ISBN 9780312992422
Series? Yes
Rating: R
BUY / Nook / Kindle



Bride McTierney has had it with men. They're cheap, self-centered, and never love her for who she is. But though she prides herself on being independent, deep down she still yearns for a knight in shining armor.

She just never expected her knight in shining armor to have a shiny coat of fur...

Deadly and tortured, Vane Kattalakis isn't what he seems. Most women lament that their boyfriends are dogs. In Bride's case, hers is a wolf. A Were-Hunter wolf. Wanted dead by his enemies, Vane isn't looking for a mate. But the Fates have marked Bride as his. Now he has three weeks to either convince Bride that the supernatural is real or he will spend the rest of his life neutered--something no self-respecting wolf can accept...

But how does a wolf convince a human to trust him with her life when his enemies are out to end his? In the world of the Were-Hunters, it really is dog-eat-dog. And only one alpha male can win.






Bride's story happens to be one of my favorite one of this series. It is actually the only book in the series that I have bought. Which is weird since whenever I am in need of romance books I always go straight to this series for a pick me up. I really need to branch out some more but adult books always scare me. I have no clue why because I find books that I dislike in the adult section as much as in the young adult. Or more if you think about the fact that I read more young adult books than actual adult books. Moving on so that this ends up being an actual review and not just me trying to justify the fact that I read Young Adult books.

The cover is interesting. The guy on the top is hot in a way that only a Were-Hunter wolf could be. Sigh. And is awesome.

I really like him. He is so sweet to her that it always makes me melt. Although to be honest the way all of the guys treat their heroines makes me melt. I may deny it until my face goes blue but I really love romance. Vane rocks my socks. Maybe it is the fact that he is not human so he doesn't know how sweet he is but that just made him all the sweeter to me. There is this really exciting scene in the book where Bride's ex-boyfriend is there and Vane shows up and kicks his ass with his awesomeness. All without touching him.

Bride is one of my favorite females in the series. I think that I have said this before but it deserves being said again. She is so funny. When she starts threatening What's-His-Face (I can't remember his name for the life of me and am too lazy to actually look right now but I think it is Taylor) I always crack up. There is more sex in this installment then in ones after Acheron. If you actually read them in order then I realize that you already know this so I am going to just move on. It also has less of Nick in the story line which always makes my day because I really don't like him.

I would recommend this book. Not only to someone looking for a romance fix but also someone who like the supernatural and action packed fun. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free blog but feel free to comment me.

Warning: If you comment me I will respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...