Background

Find Me Here:

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Book Tag



Here's how to play:
1. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you in their post.
2. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
3. Tag 11 people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you've tagged them!
5. Include these rules and a link to the person who tagged you with your post.

I was tagged by Annie @ Annie in Wonderland!




Here are my answers to her questions:

1. Do you prefer literary (character-driven) or commercial (plot-driven) fiction?
I have to like the characters. I can only really like a few characters in a book and I latch on to the one that I decide to like for the entire book unless I find someone I like better. Yet if the plot does not interest me or goes too slow I can still lose interest. So I am going to go with a combination of both.

2. Do you like classic literature? (Bronte, Faulkner, Shakespeare etc.) If so, recommend one (1) for a modern reader who loves books but can’t seem to see the magic of the classics.
I have tried many times over the years to like classic literature. The problem is that there are so many things that have changed since these books were written that the main characters end up bugging me with how meek they are. And the language! Don't even get me started. Yeah, I am talking to you Shakespeare. The only two classic books that I have read that I have enjoyed was Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. I don't like her other books though.


3. I’ve got an (imaginary) teen here who hates reading and is going to fail school because of it. You get three shots at making them FALL IN LOVE with books. Which three (3) books do you choose?
Dang, talk about pressure. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein, and Werewold: Rise of the Wolf by Curtis Jobling.


4. What is your #1 pet peeve that many authors do (and you wish they didn’t)?
They mess up love. This can encompass a lot of things including: love triangles, love at first sight, lust at first sight, falling in love despite the fact that the guy is a complete [insert swear word here], and just going too fast. I don't know why but when authors have a romance in a series of books they seem to think that people will stop reading if they don't get them together within the first book. That is not true. I give them permission to let the love slowly build. They can share their first kiss in the first book if they want but I don't want them declaring eternal, I will die for you love until the third or fourth book. At least.

5. Name your top reason for choosing whichever e-reader you have (i.e. Why Nook and not Kindle) OR your top reason for not owning an e-reader.
I have a nook. Why? I had no idea how to work Amazon.com. Also because of the fact that I lived within walking distance to Barnes and Noble when I bought my nook I got to read a lot of free books without looking like I was only there for reading books for free. My top reason for owning an e-reader was to keep my book collection from taking up too much room.


6. You get to pick a boyfriend out of characters in books. Who’s the lucky man that gets brought to life from the pages just for you?
I am very picky when it comes to guys. Which would explain why I have only had two boyfriends in my entire life. If I had to choose I would say Samuel Cornick from Moon Called by Patricia Briggs.


7. Which book character reminds you most of yourself?
Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. I always have a book in my hand and I freak if I get a bad grade. While I am not as bad as her I do spend too much time on my grades and I really can't understand why no one else doesn't try as hard as I do. This is also probably why I dislike her the most out of almost all of the characters in Harry Potter. I just can't deny that we are very alike. P.S. I dislike Ginny the most. 


8. What inspired the name of your book blog?
The movie Tangled. I loved the little chameleon, Pascal, and Rapunzel has sass.


9. Do you write stories of your own too?
Only in my head.


10. What do you love most about your favorite genre?
I don't have a favorite genre but I love books that keep me guessing or just won't let me put them down.


11. What is a book that doesn’t exist but you would love to read? (And is there a particular author whom you would like to see write it?)
Umm. And I thought question 3 was hard. Hmmm. I just watched episode 13 of Once Upon a Time for the third time so I am going to say a love story about Rumpelstiltskin where he does not end up blowing up and he ends up with the miller's daughter. Or maybe a book about a human joining the Wild Hunt. Or the horsemen of the apocalypse. i guess that wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.




TAG!!!! YOU'RE IT!

NATURE HISTORY BOOKS
Shelly Crane @ Shelly Crane Speaks
Eden @ The Prickly Reader
Shannon @ Escaping With Fiction
Shantal @ Booknerds are Pretty Too
Anna @ Literary Exploration
Megan @ Read It See It
justin941bookreviews @ **LC's Adventures in Libraryland**
Jade @ Chasing Empty Pavements
Ummmm....... Awkward.


Maybe if I hurry, you won't try and count. Anyway, my questions!!!!!

  1. If you could go back in time, write, and take credit for any book (or series) ever written what book (or series) would it be? And why?
  2. Do you have a favorite genre or mix of genres? What are they?
  3. What part of the day do you do the most of your reading?
  4. Name the first three books that come to your mind.
  5. Are there any movies or television shows that you wish were books? What are they?
  6. What movie do you think follows the book version the best? You don't have to like the movie it just has to be the closest to the book version.
  7. What book have you read the most amount of times? How many times?
  8. (I am going to steal this one because it is an interesting answer.)  What inspired the name of your book blog?
  9. Do you organize your books? How do you organize your books? 
  10. Where do you like to read the most?
  11. What took longer: answering the questions or thinking up your own questions?
Please post your links when you finish in the comments to your post so that I can check out your answers!

2 comments:

  1. I am so with you on classic literature! Thought I was alone. And I agree that romances are always so unrealistically fast where they'll die for each other on the first page... I definitely want to see more *reasons* why the two like each other, and well, obviously that takes time. Great playing tag with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! It is okay I am here to help you go into those classic books in order to get those meek characters to toughen up. I have no idea what to do about the romances because for some reason the majority of authors seem to think that it is what we want.

      Thanks for tagging me.

      Delete

This is an award free blog but feel free to comment me.

Warning: If you comment me I will respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...