Background

Find Me Here:

Friday, June 1, 2012

Hidden by Kelley Armstrong

Published December 2011 by Subterranean Press
Format: eBook
ISBN 
240 Pages
Series? Women of the Underworld | #10.4 Novella
Source: Barnes and Noble
Challenges: 2012
GoodReads



Hiking through the snow, holiday baking and playing board games by the fire – what’s not to love about an old-fashioned family Christmas? 

Werewolves Elena Michaels and Clayton Danvers want to give their four-year-old twins, Kate and Logan, something their parents never had: a nice, normal holiday. No Pack responsibilities, no homicidal half-demons or power-hungry sorcerers to deal with – just the four of them, alone, at a chalet outside Ontario’s Algonquin Park. 

Then a strange werewolf shows up at their door…while the town is buzzing about a young man, back from college, found half-eaten in the woods. And there’s the missing little girl … 

With all the signs pointing to a rogue mutt with a taste for human flesh, Elena and Clay have no choice but to investigate. But are they the hunters – or the hunted?



I am a definite fan of Kelley Armstrong since I found out about her books in middle school when I first decided that unless werewolves turned into actual wolves they were not worth it. I had extremely high expectations even as a young whipper snapper. Since this happens to be the 10.4 the book in the series the fact that I really loved this book should surprise nobody. But I always love to rave about good books so, my readers, you will just have to read it (you don't really but I hope you do).

The pictures that a sprinkled throughout the story. I appreciate pictures and while they looked okay in black and white because of my nook I have to say that they looked even better in color.


We find out a bit more about the kids. The reason for the vacation is for the kids to have their first Christmas with mom and dad only. So obviously we get a better idea of which one they each take after. That is just something that I needed to know. Now I just need to find out if they are both werewolves. Cross my fingers that they are because we all know that would suck otherwise.


Just because the kids are there does not mean that there is not violence and sex. It is all just funnier. For some reason the idea that Kate can and will try to get in the bathroom while they try to sneak shower sex is funnier when it happens to someone else. I would never walk in on anything like that because I was found on a jungle expedition (of course).


We find out a bit more about the newer wolves to join the Pack. There is more Reese. He can cook and he is funny when he is not running for his life and scared because of some werewolf sociopaths.


The question of when they are going to tell the twins about being werewolves is answered. Bum Bum Bummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free blog but feel free to comment me.

Warning: If you comment me I will respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...